Saturday 25 February 2012

My little trip to Krakow, Poland.

I haven't been able to post anything this past week as I've been up and down the country, and even jumped across to Eastern Europe for a few days!

Firstly, it must be said just how much of a beautiful city Krakow is. Normally on short trips that are so full on I can't wait to come home to my bed, but I can genuinely say I could have happily stayed there for another week; there where so many beautiful markets, cafes, delicatessens, and people. 
I don't know whether I was just looking through rose-tinted glasses but everyone was so friendly and helpful, and the fruit and tea was just fantastic (I'll be doing a separate post on the food and drink)! I will definitely be heading back there for a long weekend one summer.



On a slightly different note, I also visited Auschwitz and Birkenau whilst I was there. I don't know whether this will sound extremely cliche but I can't actually describe how I felt when I was there. 
I didn't feel moved exactly, more overwhelmed. Everything was so difficult to digest, it was simply incomprehensible. The sheer scale of it all was unbelievable, and of course I know it happened, I'm not saying it didn't, but I don't think anyone can ever fully get their head around the scale of monstrosity produced by human beings.

I think here it would be appropriate to leave my trip at that and show you all my photos.


































4 comments:

  1. Ah my second home :) I am currently studying abroad in Krakow for the year and am wondering how I will ever go back to uni life in the UK...

    HARLEY WOOD.
    http://harley-wood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh wow really?! Is the course in English?
    I'm so jealous!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! It is in English. I am studying with several other foreign students too so we all are taught in English as it is the universal language. It's really good...highly recommend you study abroad in an Eastern European country if you go to/or are at university!

    HARLEY WOOD.
    http://harley-wood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds just amazing. What are you studying and at what university in Krakow?
      xxxxxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...