Saturday 29 December 2012

DIY Skull Envelope Clutch

I don't know if I'm just mega picky but I struggle finding clutches I like. I either want a cute, bright pattern, or something plain and simple, because they go with so much. 

So, if you're like me and you find it hard it find something you like, then here is a step by step guide to a simple clutch that will go with any outfit.

What you will need:
A pen
Ruler or tape measure
Needle and thread (or sewing machine)
Decor of your choice (I opted for a skull stud)
Any material of your choice (in this case black faux leather)



First, draw the shape of your clutch. I know this one is an envelope shape but you can do any shape you like. 



Sew the sides together, but make sure it's the wrong way round as these is what will create a seam, so you there's no messy stitches on the outside. This would be much neater on a sewing machine, but you get the idea!



Then turn it the right way round et voila! You have a basic envelope clutch. All you need to do now is add your decor. I went for a skull stud because I'm obsessed with skulls and it makes it a little more edgy.  




Show me if you end up making one, for yourself or someone else!



1 comment:

  1. very cute, I love clutch bags, don't think I have the patience to make one though X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...