Sunday 18 March 2012

Turn To Dust clothing

20 year old Jack Hobbs, a Graphic Design at Sheffield Hallam University, and aspiring packaging designer is the creative mind behind Turn To Dust clothing.

"TD's unique selling point is that I try my up most to use the most DIY methods available. I used embroidery hoops as screens, organza (curtain fabric, used a weddings etc.) and PVA glue. I don't have a heat press or anything; every thing's done in my bedroom and I think that's what people will buy into. It's not just another clothing line, these are hand made items, focusing on limited editions, released regularly."

A small burgundy TD shirt is being popped in the post for my tomorrow! I'm beyond excited because of the personal tweaks Jack puts into his packaging. It's beautifully simple; Kraft paper tied with string, with a personal note from the man himself thanking you for your purchase. 
I'd love to see more of this kind of DIY, personal t-shirt making from small, independent designers because you know you're getting a quality piece of clothing that's had a lot of time and effort put into it. I also think it makes a nice little story to tell when someone compliments you on what you're wearing, and asks where you got it from.

Like Turn To Dust's Facebook page here, follow their blog here, and go and buy their t-shirts here right now!

Keep your eyes pealed for a follow up blog post when I receive my t-shirt!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...