Saturday 3 March 2012

My absolutely delicious Saturday afternoon.

It started with a quick trip to Coffee Bean with one of my close friends James (http://www.jamesreckitt.co.uk/), as I couldn't believe he had never been because the coffee and food is just spectacular and the cafe is so cosy and beautiful!
Their mugs are so minimalistic-ly perfect; in fact James and I spent a lot of time discussing how nice they are and how much we'd like to buy them, which I found out we could from the cafe!

These two photos are courtesy of http://www.yorkparents.co.uk/the-coffee-bean-pocklington




Jordan and I then drove into York and he took me to a sushi place called Oshibi. It was incredible! It's owned by a couple; a really lovely English man, and the sweetest Korean woman who make everything themselves. They'll soon be getting in some green tea ice cream and as they do takeouts on all their foods I will be going in every weekend for some. A seriously good place which I recommend - it was fairly cheap as well which is a bonus.




We then popped into Betty's tea room to buy my favourite raspberry and pistachio macaroons and Jordan bought some heavily seeded brown bread. The great thing about Betty's, apart from it being the most gorgeous place you've ever seen in your whole life, is that everything is freshly made that morning. It's always so busy, and very expensive, but definitely worth it just for the quality. After walking down some of the side streets in York we found a Moroccan style cafe/tapas type place where we ordered Earl Gray, strained coffee, and some carrot cake to have with our macaroons. I genuinely have never had better coffee or carrot cake before in my life!






Taking a a really nice walk through some more side streets and wishing I was a millionaire are so I could buy out all of the vintage and antique shops I was given these, which along with all of this incredible food, makes my Saturday one of the best in a long while.




2 comments:

  1. Great photos! Love it!
    Thanks for the shout-out on Twitter.
    Love K
    http://www.lovek.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) & you are more than welcome; I love your blog :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...