Sunday 15 January 2012

Spring/Summer 2012!

It may only be January, but on the 22nd of March I shall be flying to an absolutely boiling hot Orlando, so I've already been thinking/freaking out about what kind of things to buy and wear. I've been looking around online at key trends that are set to appear this Spring and Summer, and I thought I'd show you all my favourites so that you can get an idea of what to look out for, and maybe even buy and wear, whilst also serving really useful for me when I actually get down to shopping.

Colour trends
(3.1 Phillip Lim)
Pastel colours are going to be really popular this Spring/Summer, so think innocence and ice cream! Baby pinks/blues/greens/yellows, and soft corals and peaches.

(Preen via fashioneditoratlarge.blogspot.com)

White, and I mean ice white; an all white look will be one of the most popular looks this Spring/Summer. You could keep it feminine with a pretty lace dress, or make it more structured with a white blazer or staple white shirt. What I love so much about this trend is that there's so much you can do with it. You could even just opt for an all white bikini to keep it simple.

(Christopher Kane)

Bright colours/neon colours are also looking big this year and although it probably isn't solely down to him, I like to think Christopher Kane played a big part in getting neon to become fashionable again and not just some horrific 80s nightmare. If you're a bit too scared to make bold statements with colour then try just little dashes of neon, like a bracelet, or even your nail varnish.

Fashion trends
(D&G)

Now, if you know me already you'll know that I'm quite partial to ridiculously short shorts. So now that it seems hot pants are going to be a massive hit this spring/summer I have even more of an excuse to get my legs and almost probably bum out.. They're so versatile! You could wear them with a baggy vest or t-shirt, a bra let, a blouse, flats, heels, sandals, etc. everything. They're so easy to dress up or dress down, and as you can tell I am mega excited about buying some more!

(Viktor and Rolf)

Bra lets/bra tops. Now, I know that a lot of you are probably like me and don't like putting your midriff on show because you haven't got the abs of a goddess that you thought you would by the summer, but I think this can look really sweet with a high waisted skirt, showing off a bit of skin, but not all of it. I also think a neon coloured, or black bra let looks really good under a sheer blouse, which is perfect for the evening.

(Normaluisa)

Floral seems like one of the obvious trends to crop up round about this time of year but I thought I'd just remind you all anyway, especially now you know pastels and whites are going to be a big hit, as I think the two work perfectly together. I love an all floral look as you can mix it up with textures, but I also think a little bit can go a long way. For example it could be the lining of a jacket, or your choice of jewelry. It's a perfect way to add a bit of colour and femininity to any outfit.

(Roccobarocco)

I know in the summer a lot of girls like to bare everything to the world, but I'd just like to argue the case of the boat neckline. It may not show off your cleavage, but it draws attention to the shoulder and collar bone area, and I find that can be really sexy. So if you have great collar bones or shoulders, I'd definitely opt for a dress or vest that has a boat neckline.
Dress trends
(Anna Sui)

Asymmetrical hemlines (or rather hilariously sometimes referred to as mullet hemlines, which I prefer) are cropping up all over the catwalks. I love this look, but it's something I've always been a little cautious of simply because it can make quite a large statement. However I think I'm going to opt for a black dress or skirt version to keep it simple and not so scary!

(Betsey Johnson)

Floaty maxi dresses are such a beautiful look for the evening; all you need is a maxi dress, simple or not, and you automatically look glamorous, add a pretty pair of earrings and a clutch and you look like a goddess. A simple but very effective look.


2 comments:

  1. Good choices, I think the pastel trend is my fave xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And mine! I'll definately be mixing it with a bit of neon though, just accessories and nails!xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...