Thursday 22 December 2011

The big-huge-massive clear out

I'm a massive believer that organisation is the key to most things. For example, I make lists for everything It's possible to make a list for; I like to be able to see everything clearly in my mind.


And It's coming to that time of year again isn't it? Where you get so many toilettries for Christmas you could clean the world over twice. It's also coming up to that time where everyone decides to change their lives completely, or at least to lose weight/quit smoking/be nicer/get that dream job/stop spending so much money etc etc etc.

So I thought I'd share with you a tip I follow every single year around this time.


I do this a lot throughout the year anyway, especially when the seasons are changing, but if you can't be bothered with the hassle I think this time of year is the best time. Get EVERYTHING you don't want and put them neatly on the floor/bed. I don't just mean clothes, I mean magazines, books, makeup, the lot. Then decide what could be re-used, and put the rest in the bin. Now with what can be re-used you can do a lot, you could let your friends have a rummage, you could give it to charity, or if you're like me and find it hard to part with books, shoes, handbags, and jewellery, you can wap it on eBay and get some pennies for it!

The advantages of doing clear outs like this are that it shows you what your wardrobe/bookshelf/makeup bag needs so instead of heading to the January sales and buying yet another white vest, you can spend your money wisely.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I might do this tonight!

    Laura x
    http://petitchatons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do it allllll the time. I find it so helpful!xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...