Sunday 21 October 2012

Hattie Taylor-Gell


I have a very beautiful and very talent friend called Hattie. She has been a superstar and drawn some pictures for me and they're so perf that you all need to meet her. She is lovely and you will all love her.


Hello. Im a student at Leeds College of Art, stuck in a living daydream. Spend half my life looking into space dreaming about things totally overambitious and unrealistic. I like to make people laugh. I like drawing. I like being around family and friends. I like eating new foods. I like travelling. I like meeting new people. <3 

 
Firstly, thank you so much for doing this incredible drawings for me! I can't wait to get to work on my new logo! When did you first realise you had such a talent and passion for art? 
 My earliest memory was sitting in the garden with a packet of chalk, drawing onto the patio slabs, all day long... I entered quite a few drawing and painting competitions when I was younger and somehow managed to win a couple... Finding success in something I loved doing felt exciting :)
 

 
Which artists would you say have inspired you most?  
Neil Buchanan was my childhood hero. 
 
Would you say that people who aren't even artists have inspired you in anyway? 
My dad, he loves to draw. He's a signwriter and he taught me how to traditionally sign-write using paint, which has    definitely inspired my painting. However, anything could inspire me, I could see a picture in a book, magazine or on the internet and have the urge to draw/paint it! 
 

The drawings you've done of me are just amazing! What do you like to work with most?
I love drawing people and their expressions, just faces though, I'm not that good at drawing bodies... perhaps I should go on a life drawing course.... I also love typography and graphic design. 
 

What's your favourite material to work with?
I love acrylic paint, oils are good.. but they take forever to dry.... 
 

What advice would you give someone who wants to improve on their skills, or even pick some up?
Break the rules. Take breaks. Rule the world.
 

Again, thank you so much for the drawings They're just perfect. Are you working on anything you're particularly excited about at the moment?  College is quite demanding on studionotebook work and critical journal entries, I never really get that much time to do many drawings... Thanks Bex for giving me a break from work, hope you liked your drawings you beaaaut! 


FOLLOW HER NOW ON TWITTER @hattiegell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...